The end of 2018 saw a bunch of changes for us at GameAnalytics, and we’re excited to share with you everything we’ve been working on. So, to keep you in the loop with what’s new, we’ve outlined the improvements and features we’ve released since our last update, and what you can expect to see on the horizon.
- Roblox SDK is now available for GameAnalytics.
- For more information please see our official announcement here.
- Reintroduced Annotations, with existing notes that were created in legacy, still present.
- Improvements to the loading speed on the Homepage.
- Fixed the issue where the Toggle All button would not work for some event types.
- Realtime Dashboard is now the default page when accessing a game.
- Updated the Metric Picker UI within Custom Dashboards and Cohorts.
- Improvements to the “Group By” feature when filtering by individual events.
- It is now possible to group by single events without auto-splitting the events into their sub-events.
- Improvements and fixes to saving and loading queries.
- Reintroduced the Level Attempts metric.
- Reintroduced the Win Percentage metric.
- Reintroduced the ability to filter Error Events by Severity.
- Corrected the calculation of Business metrics when applying the Valid Receipt Status filter.
- Reintroduced the Error Report widget.
- Reintroduced the Level Attempts widget.
- Reintroduced the Win Percentage widget.
- Added the ability to apply dimension filters to the Error Report.
- Reintroduced severity splits to the Error Event widgets.
- Fixed multiple issues within widgets for dashboards that were created within our legacy product (missing splits, empty data, query timeouts, session length histograms).
- Fixed multiple issues within widgets for new dashboards (missing splits, empty data, query timeouts).
- Fixed the issue where occasionally a page refresh is required to load data.
- Reintroduced the Pie Chart is as a widget visualization.
- Reintroduced the ability to duplicate an existing custom dashboard.
- Added the ability to split data within custom widgets.
- Fixed the issue where the cohort table would occasionally fail to load.
- Fixed the issue where occasionally retention values would be attributed to the wrong date.
- Fixed the issue where an error is caused when removing all conditions and clicking save.
- Fixed the issue where several metrics would return no data within the Explore modal.
- UI improvements and fixes when creating and deleting segments.
- Fixed the issue where email links would lead to a 404 error page.
- UI improvements and fixes.
What’s on the horizon?
We’re constantly updating and improving our tool, and we want to be clear with you on what we’re working on. With that being said, here are some of the key improvements, features and fixes that you’ll be able to see in the platform soon:
- Reintroduce the dynamic tabs for Monetization and Resource dashboards.
- Updated and improved UX/UI when applying Filters.
- Ability to “group by” dimensions/events for Retention data.
- Reintroduce the Live Feed to the Realtime Dashboard.
- Reintroduced the ability to select between Daily, Weekly and Monthly Granularity.
If you have any trouble using the new GameAnalytics platform, or just want to learn more about it, don’t hesitate to get in touch. Our friendly support team is available to answer any question, investigate any issue, or even give you a tour of the new tool.
Great stories about great game developers, and how they thrive in the era of data.
* You get our industry report the minute you sign up.