GameAnalytics is the #1 free analytics tool designed to help game developers and publishers drive conversions, refine critical flows, and boost retention for their titles by making the right decisions based on data. Currently, 17,000+ game developers use GameAnalytics to track performance in 38,000+ titles around the globe.
This means we have incredible coverage – at present we track the behaviour of 600+ million players every month. By joining the team, you’ll help shape the development of an industry leading SaaS platform in one of the most exciting and highest growth verticals on mobile. We are a truly international company with a strong presence in Europe, the Americas and – through our parent company Mobvista – Asia
About the Backend team
We are a small self-managed team and we actively develop and maintain all the infrastructure that underpins GameAnalytics, processing billions of events every day from thousands of games. In our approach to work we value the importance of a small, high quality codebase, following best practices, implementing good regression testing and automating as much as possible.
As part of the backend team you will be working on challenging problems within highly distributed, real-time and batch mode systems. You will be part of all stages of development, working with the product team to define the features all the way to designing, implementing and maintaining it. Your day-to-day work will mainly consist of solving interesting problems rather than trying to improve over-complicated code or chasing bugs while under pressure.
We aim to always use the best tools for all tasks, and this often involves working with the latest technologies, rather than maintaining an old tech stack. We are also an active contributor to open source projects (Github profile: https://github.com/GameAnalytics).
What would you do?
- Write high quality, readable and maintainable code.
- Have an influence on and help drive all the team’s technical decisions
- Maintain and evolve existing services, while ensuring they keep running without interruption.
- Implement continuous integration, deployment, monitoring and alerting using an infrastructure as code approach for our different systems.
- Take part in our ops duty call rota
What are we looking for?
- Experience with shipping and maintaining production-grade systems
- Contribute to open source projects
- Experience with our tech stack is not essential, but it would make things easier. The main technologies we use include: Elixir, Erlang, Python, Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Packer, Hadoop/EMR, Druid and Redis.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies. Bonus points for AWS and technologies such as EC2 EMR, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3 and Kinesis
- Knowledge or experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Hive, BigQuery, Redshift and Hadoop is highly desirable.
Flexible working environment
Always feel refreshed with ample holiday days and a flexible remote working policy.
Expensable phone bill
We all use our mobile phone at work, so we make sure to cover those expenses.