Data Engineer (Remote)
About Game Analytics
Game Analytics is the #1 free analytics tool designed to help game developers and publishers drive conversions, refine critical flows, and boost retention for their titles by making the right decisions based on data. Currently, 17,000+ game developers use Game Analytics to track performance in 38,000+ titles around the globe.
This means we have incredible coverage – at present we track the behaviour of 600+ million players every month. By joining the team, you’ll help shape the development of an industry leading SaaS platform in one of the most exciting and highest growth verticals on mobile. We are a truly international company with a strong presence in Europe, the Americas and – through our parent company Mobvista – Asia
About the Data team
We’re a highly collaborative and creative team of two Data Scientists focused on squeezing data and using algorithms to make the most of it. We are currently looking for a skilled Data Engineer as our third member to design and develop data structures to support the needs of the team, and to act as a bridge between the Data and Backend teams.
On Data Science, you’ll have the resources and data to learn what makes games go all the way from soft launch to industry hit, and the opportunity to help us engage our passionate community in a sector that’s seeing amazing growth.
This is a great opportunity for Data Engineers with interest in Machine Learning algorithms, as the Data Team is currently developing new predictive features, and knowledge transfer is one of our core values. As the largest games analytical firm globally, collecting ~100,000 events per second, resulting in new 700Gb of (compressed) new data per day, this role requires your skills in Big Data to make the analysis process simpler and more efficient.
- Design and support the creation of a scalable data platform tools and solutions which are used for high volume data crunching.
- Collaborating closely with the Backend team to contribute to the product life-cycle, from idea generation and prototyping to writing production code and product support.
- Research and be the primary architect for the scalable production environments
- Taking care of software provisioning, configuration management, and application deployment
Skills and Experiences
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures and data modelling
- Highly skilled – including practical use – in Big Data technologies (Apache Hadoop, PIG, Spark, PySpark or Hive)
- Hands-on experience in SQL and a variety of database technologies
- Quick learner with an eagerness to work with new technologies
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Ability to transfer knowledge to other team members
- Experience with production environments of high complexity and high volume
- Good understanding of practical Machine Learning capabilities (Spark MLlib, Amazon SageMaker and/or Google Cloud AI etc.)
- Working knowledge of Scala, Python or R
- Exposure to Druid
- Passionate about the meaning of data
- Experience with AWS systems
Flexible working environment
Always feel refreshed with ample holiday days and a flexible remote working policy.
Expensable phone bill
We all use our mobile phone at work, so we make sure to cover those expenses.