Python Developer (Senior)
GameAnalytics is the #1 free analytics tool designed to help game developers and publishers drive conversions, refine critical flows, and boost retention for their titles by making the right decisions based on data. Currently, 17,000+ game developers use GameAnalytics to track performance in 38,000+ titles around the globe.
This means we have incredible coverage – at present we track the behaviour of 600+ million players every month. By joining the team, you’ll help shape the development of an industry leading SaaS platform in one of the most exciting and highest growth verticals on mobile. We are a truly international company with a strong presence in Europe, the Americas and – through our parent company Mobvista – Asia
About the team
You will be performing a leading role in establishing a new development team in the GameAnalytics Copenhagen office. We are planning development on a major new product offering and the team will be involved in all areas of planning/designing and development with a primary backend responsibility. The team will also maintain and develop our API currently handling our users/studios/games (user-api). This Copenhagen team will work closely with our backend team located in London.
- As an experienced developer you will be a key contributor involved in planning and developing our new product offering.
- Discuss and contribute with ideas with the product team and design optimal architecture solutions.
- The team will take ownership of our user-api (Python); planning additional features, refactoring and tests.
- Keep code quality high using thorough code reviews (pull requests) and documented standards.
- Train / coach team members.
- Maintain & code deployment scripts for new product and existing user-api.
- Excellent understanding of Python; knowledge of pros/cons and best practice.
- 4+ years of experience building larger backend solutions or/and advanced cron jobs.
- Experience with developing an HTTP API (JSON) with an authentication scheme.
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS concepts using these on larger projects.
- Understanding how python code can be performance optimized
- Able to structure/code a project in order to make it easier to read, understand for everyone working on it.
- Experience with coding unit tests.
- Experience with AWS management of servers and resources.
- Comfortable using the terminal on Linux systems (like Ubuntu).
- Experience of visually communicating results and working alongside designers.
- A Computer Science Masters degree.
- Experience with working on large distributed data sets.
- In-depth experience with other programming languages than Python.
- Experience with Oauth2 and other authentication flows
- An interest in games and the industry (both mobile and others)
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab.
- Experience with screen scraping data.
Flexible working environment
Always feel refreshed with ample holiday days and a flexible remote working policy.
Expensable phone bill
We all use our mobile phone at work, so we make sure to cover those expenses.