· 4 min read
We’ve Partnered with Huawei and Added Support for OAID
We’ve got some big news for you Huawei developers out there. We’ve now partnered with Huawei and joined their mobile services ecosystem as an official Platform Partner. So if you’re making a game on one of their devices, then we’re thrilled to say that you now have access to free analytics.
Huawei is currently the 3rd largest ecosystem worldwide reaching more than 2.3M developers and 530 million AppGallery monthly active users globally. That’s a big chunk of the game dev community. So it only made sense we made Huawei our next official partner.
If you’re one of Huawei game devs, make sure you download our latest SDK that now supports OAID (Open Advertising Identifier for Huawei devices). Read on to get more details.
So, what’s exactly new? Let’s break it down:
- GameAnalytics joins Huawei Developer Ecosystem as an official Platform Partner, bringing free analytics to over 2.3 million developers worldwide.
- Our Android SDK now supports the OAID (a non-permanent device identifier that developers use to display personalized ads for their users while protecting their privacy) for Huawei devices, out of the box.
- Every GameAnalytics feature now works natively for all Huawei AppGallery apps.
Why did we partner with Huawei?
Our mission is (and will always be) to help developers make awesome games. By partnering with Huawei, we’re able to introduce a new growth channel that can support developers with their global success and expansion.
Huawei is one of the world’s largest mobile providers, with a leading market share in some of the fastest-growing markets around the globe. Especially in the APAC region. We believe that developers can greatly benefit from an increased presence in the Huawei ecosystem, and take their first step in entering these new markets across the pond. All while having access to best-in-class analytics to support their journey.
Also, we wanted to make GameAnalytics available and accessible to even more developers. Adding support for OAID helps us reach Huawei AppGallery creators and give them the tools they need to analyze their games.
How to get started
If you’re a Huawei game developer, or want to become one and use GameAnalytics, here’s what you need to do:
- Download and integrate our Android SDK. Head to our documentation to learn how.
- Integrate Huawei Ads SDK by following these steps.
- And you’re done! The Android SDK can now automatically detect if the OAID is available to be used.
Please note, if both GAID and OAID are available on a player’s device, then GAID will be used as a primary device ID, though both will be collected and available in features like the Player Warehouse, Event Export, or Raw Export. If you have any questions, just get in touch with our friendly support team.
What’s there for GameAnalytics users
If you’re already a GameAnalytics user but your games are not on AppGallery (Huawei’s app distribution platform), then you may want to give them a go. Here’s why:
- You’ll get early access to a new and competitive platform where your games can stand out and gain more market share.
- You’ll reach a new, global ecosystem of players that can drive growth for your games.
- You can experiment with new game features and organic marketing tools.
In a nutshell, entering AppGallery can be a new source of players and revenue for you and your studio. Integrate our Android SDK here to get started.
What it means for Huawei developers
And, if you’re a Huawei developer but haven’t integrated with GameAnalytics before, you may be interested to know that:
- GameAnalytics is industry-leading analytics for mobile games. We help you collect, store, and analyze performance data about your games.
- Our tools are used by nearly 100,000 developers and over 63,000 studios worldwide, and we support around 100,000 active games, providing necessary data to help developers grow their titles.
- GameAnalytics can be easily integrated in less than 15 minutes, and our core analytics tool is and will always be free. We also provide more advanced and premium solutions, like DataSuite or Benchmarks+ to help you on your journey from an indie studio to a regular chart-topper.