· 3 min read
GameAnalytics Product Update: May 2020
A lot has been going on here at GameAnalytics. We’re working on new features, products, rebranding and more. And now, we’ve made some new feature releases, a couple of which you’ve likely already heard about. But for those of you who haven’t, let’s get you up to speed with the latest changes to our platform and family of SDKs.
To fill you in, we’ve listed out what we’ve improved within the GameAnalytics tool – whether big or small. I’ve kept this quite snappy and to the point, so if you have any questions or feel like we’ve missed something, feel free to get in touch. We’ll get back to you right away.
So, let’s get to it.
You can now apply Remote Configs to specific groups of players.
- Players can be filtered by three categories: Country, Build and OS.
- Each filter can be either inclusive (“Only players located in these countries”) or exclusive (“Every player apart from those from located in these countries”).
- Values for each Remote Config Key are assigned based on their relative priority to other Remote Configs with the same Key.
- Read more about this update in the product documentation here.
Cohorts (GA Labs)
Available now to all users as part of GA Labs, we’ve released a brand new Cohorts tool. With an updated user interface and new features:
- Improved performance.
- Weighted mean calculation for each metric.
Explore Tool + Dashboards
- Cohort days added to Filters.
- Filters and Dates now remain consistent when using Explore Tool, Dashboards and Cohorts.
- We’ve updated how you can manage your accounts in our tool, with our new concept: Organizations.
- Read more about this update here.
What else is on the horizon?
We’re always looking for new ways to make our tool even better, and our team is constantly updating and improving our features. As always, we want to be as clear with you as possible about when these changes are coming, and what they mean to you. So, as always, here’s a list of all of the minor tweaks, fiddles, and improvements that you can expect to see in the platform soon.
- Portfolio Overview: aggregated metrics across all your games (Active Users, New Users, Playtime, ARPDAU).
A/B Testing – GA Labs
- Goal metrics – where the winning variant is calculated using Bayesian statistics.
- Detailed experiment status to indicate progress towards the goal metric.
- Additional ad metrics.
- Weighted mean calculations.
Get early access to these new features
In some cases, we’ll be releasing new features and products to our latest project, GA Labs – where you get early access to all of our upcoming products and the opportunity to make an impact on our feature roadmap. With your feedback, we can then make sure we’re building products/features that meet the needs and expectations of the GameAnalytics community.